Town, hands down! 🙂
I have been to and/or lived in Kanpur, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Pune, New York, San Francisco, London, Miami, Dubai, …
Life is just a race in cities. Life could be a journey in smaller places.
Advantages of living in a town:
- Time. Only 22 minutes of commute to and fro per day for me.
- Fresh air. Almost no industries poisoning air, water & soil.
- Power and water. Surprisingly better than in cities. No power and water cuts even in peak of summer. My town may be an exception rather than rule.
- People. Have time to connect with.
- Sleep. Stress free.
- Cost of living. Low. Don’t have to burn yourself out to survive.
Disadvantages of living in a town:
- Education. Personally, I don’t depend on others to train my kids. They go to school but I train them myself in areas that matter. Besides, they should know how to grow their own food. Won’t happen in cities.
- Employment. Not much. You get to create.